Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Hampshire and Italy

June Posting

It was a beautiful spring in New Hampshire!
(and a few drawings of Italy too)


The barn at the bottom of the hill, the red glowing next to the pink apple blossoms


The same barn, with the view of the lake and the mountain


The Barn Playhouse in New London, a summer stock theater since 1933


The town library, the Tracy Library, a house built in the early 1800's


The Pillsbury Library in Warner, NH circa 1905


A glorious lilac, and a once grand home


A field of lupines


Sunday nap time for Simon


Family trip to Venice, 2007
View from our apartment


Venice 2007, endless choices of masks


Family trip to Chianti, Tuscany 2007
View from our terrace


Terra cotta shop, Radda, Italy 2007

4 comments:

  1. Love the terra cotta shop. I don't remember seeing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue Anne, I love these. If I ever get around to putting on paper the children's books in my head, I'm going to ask you to do the illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna, I'd love to do illustrations for your books. So could you start today, as I'm not getting any younger. As a note of further encouragement, remember Beatrix Potter self-published Peter Rabbit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karin, Nate loved that one too. I did a sketch on the spot, and took a photo, and this drawing is better than either.

    ReplyDelete