Saturday, August 11, 2012

200 towns drawn, only 34 to go!

Today we headed south to Rindge, on the border with Massachusetts, to fill in a hole in my coverage of that part of the state and to score town #200 in my quest to draw all 234 towns in New Hampshire.  The area around the Town Green was so rich with architectural diversity.  The drawing isn’t finished yet, but I’ll be posting it here soon.

Here I am starting out, with the Ingalls Memorial Library on the right, the town offices in the background, and an unidentified but intriguing building in the center.

And where better than the bandstand to proclaim the conclusion of the afternoon’s effort!

The big news for the upcoming couple of weeks is that I’m going to be interviewed by Channel 9’s New Hampshire Chronicle, a real institution here in the Granite State.  They learned of my Draw-NH! project and think that it will fit well with the kind of things they like to highlight.  They’ll be here at my studio on Wednesday, followed by more activity at the Market on the Green that afternoon.  And the following week they’ll accompany me on an on-the-scene drawing expedition at the Robert Frost farm in Derry.

We don’t yet know which of the people associated with the show will be doing the interview, or when it will actually air.  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on #200 Sue Anne! Looking forward to seeing the remaining towns on your Colorful Journey. Sure wish I could catch you on New Hampshire Chronicle--great show--I enjoyed it when I was back in Mass. Perhaps it'll be available on You Tube at some point?
    Best Wishes,
    Teri Donahue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the world is at that point now, whatever you want is on YouTube.

    Channel 9 does post videos of the shows for a month or two after they air. We'll circulate a link, and we'll grab our own copy to keep.

    ReplyDelete