Friday, August 31, 2018

New Hampshire and Vermont


Here is a photo of three kinds of sketchbooks I have been using lately. The large linen covered one is 8" x 8". The orange pocket sketchbook is just that, sixty pages, 3.5" x 5.5". And behind them are two accordion-fold sketchbooks.



 A line drawing of a nearby mountain, Mount Kearsarge. And some nice blue sky.



 On the other side, I penned in some summer offerings of produce, flowers, and alpaca compost. The produce and the compost were for sale by the side of the road. Honor System!


 When family came to visit, we headed over to the coast, Hampton Beach, NH.




 Now on to drawings in the pocket sketchbook. It’s a beer and barbeque festival at the Harpoon Brewery in Windsor, Vermont. Lots of beards on a very warm day.


I just looked down and this is the tangle of feet that I saw.



One day while weeding in the garden behind our town library, I saw this grandmother and her granddaughter enjoying a sunny morning’s sketching.  They did not notice my sketching them, but I showed the drawing to the girl before she left. I have sketched with my granddaughters too.


 In my little orange sketchbook, I drew in ink the stage set of a play at the New London Barn Playhouse. The comedy/musical was called “Murder For Two”.
 
Vincent Gunn              Dustin Cross+
Scenic Designer        Costume Designer

Keith A. Truax           Jill BC DuBoff
Lighting Designer        Sound Designer


Just a few of the beautiful rocks on the beach at low tide in Rye, NH. Only the yellowish one on the right belongs there. All the rest of the colorful rocks came from elsewhere and were washed up onto the beach.

 
 As a double page spread in the linen sketchbook, this is 8" x 16". We decided one day to visit the Seacoast Science Center in Rye, New Hampshire. Here we have rocks, seaweed, and sea critters in the touch tank. Star fish are now called sea stars, because they are not fish. I did pick it up for a closer look. The scallop shell looks a little goofy with its two limpet shells on it looking pretty much like eyes.


This is my favorite view of Mount Sunapee and Lake Sunapee from the second floor bedroom of an historic home called the Fells in Newbury, NH. This is ink and watercolor in the linen sketchbook.The opening in the stonewall leads down to a large rock garden on a steep hillside.


And we’ll finish with flowers I picked at Spring Ledge Farm in New London, NH. Dahlias have become very popular as wedding flowers.


No comments:

Post a Comment