Saturday, May 9, 2020

TV Appearance!


Hello. Back in 2012 I was featured on our week night TV program New Hampshire Chronicle as I neared the end of my Draw-NH project. We’re a small state, but we’ve got a lot of towns. From 2011-12, I visited them all and drew what caught my eye in each. There’s a link to the Chronicle piece in the Recent Publicity section of the sidebar here, down a little bit on the right. I finished the project a month later at Town #234, Rollinsford. By 2014, I had learned how to put all these drawings into a book. Then, with my new knowledge of publishing, I made two more books over the next four years. The proof copy of a fourth book just arrived in the mail, and after a few tweaks will join the three others at Amazon or for order at any bookshop. These days, pretty much stuck at home, I can be found with my morning coffee, sketching and painting in my sunny window seat.

So in this time of virtual travel, we contacted the Chronicle people and suggested that they might like to do an update and take things right up to the present. They jumped at the opportunity.
I had a video conversation with the producer via Zoom, and then we had a very intense couple of days of gathering up samples from all 4 books and other recent work to send to them. This will all be skillfully edited down to 6 minutes, and aired at 7PM Eastern on Wednesday May 13th.
Here's a link to their preview:
https://www.wmur.com/article/wednesday-may-13th-a-colorful-journey/32405624
If you're local, it’s easy to watch the program WMUR Channel 9 in Manchester. Now, thanks to modern technology, you don't have to be local. You can watch a live stream at this address. Show up there a bit before 7, and keep clicking till it snaps in.
https://www.wmur.com/article/streaming-now-new-hampshire-chronicle/23278669
And if you didn't make it to the broadcast or the live stream, you can find it here, well off into the future.
https://tinyurl.com/Chronicle2020


All 4 books


The 7 regions of New Hampshire
A total of 234 cities and towns





1 comment:

  1. I just saw you on Chronicle. (I was also featured a few years ago) I saw your picture of Salmon Falls in Rollingsford, NH. I just moved into the mill! I have an art studio now. I'd love to buy a copy of the picture! Loxie28@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete